Set up: Gabe really likes this store. He can go in there and come home with all sorts of stuff. Last week he found some protein bars with 30(!) grams of protein per bar, and they are big bars. Before he left for the weekend, he asked me to go get him another box. I initially resisted, but as you know I have been dealing with this rebellious spirit the last few days, and once I talked to my Father yesterday, my heart was in a better place. So I was ready to fork over the $10 for a box of these bars.
So I sucked it up, and walked in.
Here is what I came home with: (Not everything pictured)
This bag of chips is expired, and I never would have bought it except Gabe bought one last week, for .69! and they are thin and crispy like restaurant chips-- very yummy with a Mexican meal!
Melia has been needing some casual summer dresses, so I was willing to pay the $7 for this one. I will be more frugal about this in the future, but she only has one, and she wants to wear it everyday, so it will help to have another.
You can see the box of protein bars-- these are for Gabe :-)
The little picture frame coathook thing was $5, and we have been looking for one to put down at the girls' level. I thought we could put their pictures in it, then they know where their sweaters go!
But my big excitement was the diapers. In addition to this box, I also got a 1/2 box for $7.49. This box was $13.99. I knew I needed to buy diapers, and to get the best price locally, I buy them at Costco, were I can get Huggies or the KS brand for .20/diaper. But these, when I calculated it out, were .19 each! I was thrilled, because I was not looking forward to forking over $40. So I did half :-) and didn't have to pay more per diaper!
I also bought two tomato frames for .50 each.
Why I am cautious about Scavenge shopping. This particular store buys from a Costco somewhere, and while most of the time their prices are comparable, I found two things that were marked up 100% over what Costco had them marked down to! Those raincoats I found recently for $4? They had them for $10. And a little cat house that I was watching was marked down to $20-- here it was $40.
And a particular box of Ronzoni pasta I was looking at for .69? It had visible weevil skins in the window of the box. Blech! I almost puked right there in the store!
So, all in all, I felt I did pretty good. I spent more than I intended at this store, but I saved in the long run!


5 comments:
My old roommate, Mary loved that store! She introduced me to it.. and I always walked out of there with bags of stuff! hehe
Is this store in my old hometown? I've never heard of it but would love to go sometime (we'll be there over Easter)! Good finds!
yep, it's down on the southish ave area. W&W building. :-)
weevil skins! I cringed reading that. How gross. I havent been in there in a while, I should go again.
Have you tried Parent's Choice diapers from WalMart? They are regularly 15 cents a diaper and I think they work great!
Post a Comment