Friday, January 29, 2010

One Tough Lil' Lady

This morning, Kiera wanted a banana. I said yes, and off she went. Pretty soon she came back to where I was, holding her hand and looking a bit... off. Here's how it went:

Kiera: Mommy, I have an owie. But I'm okay.
Mommy: What happened Kiera? let me see..
Kiera: I'm okay.
Kiera: I'm okay.
Kiera: I'm okay.
Kiera: I'm okay.
Mommy: Oh Kiera, did you cut yourself?
Kiera: I don't know.
Mommy: Which knife did you use?
Kiera: I don't know.
Mommy: Show me.
Kiera: I'm okay.
Kiera: I'm okay.
Mommy: Kiera, did that scare you?
Kiera: YEAASSSSSSSS (sob...)

She tried to cut the banana off the banana hanger... Luckily, she used one of *her* knives-- we have two Pampered Chef kids' knives, not sharp, but serrated to help break through whatever they're cutting. But apparently, when you use enough pressure and/or speed, you will cut skin. It's actually more like a deep scratch, but there was blood... enough to put her into a bit of a shock. "I'm ok, I'm ok, I'm ok..." Then she had the thought that because she had an owie, she couldn't go to the waterslides :-) that made her very, very sad.

:-) In my opinion, she was quite the tough cookie... Now she can't wait to show Grandma Naye and Daddy, cause that's where we're heading. Don't be surprised if we see you soon, and she shows you her owie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh myyy, hopefully this will be one of lifes lessons, that wasn't too hard. G D