Over at Biblicalwomanhood, Crystal is declaring a War on Clutter Week!
While we have more than our share of clutter, we did have a small victory last week, and our church had a huge victory!
Last Saturday was our church's Spring Clean GiveAway. Everyone brought in their working, good condition stuff that they didn't need, and members of the community were able to come and get what they needed or would be a blessing to them. Since we were across the mountains this weekend, we did not get to be there, but did donate a few boxes.
Melia went through her toys and put together a box of things she wanted to give to children who didn't have many toys. I had more trouble than she did with this! I am sentimental, so I guess I shouldn't have been suprised...
I went through my cupboards and donated cooking stuff that I didn't need. I am not sure why I hung on to 5+ casserole pans over the years, as I normally only use 2-3 of them! This also prompted a lid/bowl match, with all the loners going in the trash!
The reports at church said that this was the best year yet, (3rd year) and that over 100 people heard the gospel! We pray that each seed that was donated and taken home will sprout in their hearts!
Monday, April 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
The whole time I was reading this I was ooooo-ing.. Especially the part of Melia putting together a box of toys for children that don't have any. YEAH for your church! That is a really good idea to do... and it opens a huge door for witnessing...especially for those of us that have a hard time starting a conversation with people we don't know. HOW COOL IS THAT?? GO GOD!! :)
What a great idea! I wish our church would do something like that!
Oh that is a fantastic idea! I am struggling this week weather to just donate all of my unwanted (good) clutter or take it to our neighborhood yard sale next weekend. I just want it out of here!
Post a Comment