Gabe and I got away for a night-- it was great! We spent 5+ hours driving through Southish Seattle traffic :-) but finally got to our destination. Actually, 5+ was our total driving time, the 2+ was what seemed to take the longest :-)
We took in a gun show (in the same building was a miniature horse show!) and attended a meeting of Preparedness people. This was incredibly interesting-- it wasn't at all like I expected. What I had envisioned was sitting around for several hours discussing how life as we know it is headed down the tubes. Instead, it was several hours of how-to, what is necessary, where to get the best price, who knows who that does what, basically a run down on how to be efficient and not waste our resources now.
Now, don't get me wrong, there certainly was some doom and gloom, but for anyone looking for the truth in media, it is there for your finding too.
Want some examples?
http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/08_17/b4081083014665.htm?chan=rss_topStories_ssi_5
http://wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=60480
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.jhtml?xml=/money/2008/04/08/cnrice108.xml
Now, not to be all doom and gloom on you (!) but I believe that we do need to be aware, at the very least, of what is going on. And, at the very least as well, pray what God would have you do. Don't be caught unaware.
Sunday, April 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment