If you haven't noticed, I am not feeling terribly creative lately. I didn't post a Monday Menu, or a Kitchen Tip Tuesday, and I just don't know what to ramble about.
Although we did have an interesting battle this evening.
Kiera seems to be more of a good eater than a bad one, unless you count all the sneaky times she tries to get away with goodies... But tonight I made Chicken Spinach Raviolis, which Gabe and I really like. (Recently, Melia started asking me if she "liked this." So of course I say yes...) But Kiera did not think much of the raviolis... she ate the chicken, but ended up flat out refusing to eat the pasta.
Flat out meaning even after I reduced her "have to eat" pile to a "have to eat if you want to go outside after dinner" plus a "have to eat if you want dessert" pile. She didn't eat any out of either pile, even after Melia and I went outside to get the mail, bring in the garbage can, play a little bit, check on my beans/peas... (yes, I checked on her about every minute because I was slightly paraniod- she was strapped into her booster seat, so not going anywhere). I think she was a little angry with me, but I couldn't back down. Apparently she thought the same thing :-) because she didn't. This all happened after I was mentioning to Gabe that watching/hearing about other children makes me thankful that although we have our battles, eating has not yet been one of them.
Was it a success? I am not sure. But at least it wasn't a failure. I couldn't make her eat it, but I did show her that Momma's will power is just as strong as hers, and that I meant what I said.
And we did have a special snuggle pile after bath time, so she knows I still love her, even if she doesn't like my cookin'.
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How is your progress on the wife challenge going?
Post a Comment