It's interesting how I am in a fabulous place spiritually- as I am involved in a Beth Moore Study, reading the Treasure Principle by Randy Alcorn, working on my New Testament Survey class at Koinonia Institute, and for the first time in my life, I am doing a daily, first thing in the morning quiet time and keeping a prayer journal. More like a "one-sided conversations with God" journal. Spiritually, I am doing great, and I love where God has me right now. It is a sweet spot :-)
But I feel like I am still in the rut, emotionally. I can't seem to find my joy-- I say things I wouldn't normally, I am grouchy, frustrated, feel like crying all the time....
No, I am not pregnant. Although I kinda wish I was so I could know for sure why I am feeling like this.
But I do feel like I am here for a reason. I think God is using this time of despair, mellowness, and lackluster to draw me to Him. So I seek Him first, in every situation. I believe this is a time of growth, for which I have been praying, but pruning is not easy. I am not even sure what is being pruned, except for my independence and self-reliance. I tear up as I write. Those are very hard things to let go of... As you can read, I can't seem to pull myself up out of the rut, and it frustrates me to no end. I know that even as I pray for deliverance, it will not come until the limb is gone-- it frightens me to wonder how long it will take.
And there is even doubt. Doubt that what I believe is the reason is really the reason. Or am I just needing more vitamins? I turn to caffeine :-) for a little pick me up.
So your prayers are deeply appreciated. My children need my patience, of which I have very little. My husband needs my support and respect, and the wrong words keep coming out of my mouth. I fail all day long. Is this growth? Or is it depression? Or both?
Monday, April 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i have kindof been there, please have your thyroid checked, a full panel if you can, i had very very little TSH, thyroid stimulating hormone, and all of my functions from thought processes to physical reactions were very frustrated, my T4 was more of a normal range so it was ignored by some doctors, but this problem of yours could definitely be medical. sorry, do not know how to use anything but anonymous as identity. but i could respond if you had a question
Post a Comment