Sunday, April 6, 2008

I think this is a weekly failure on my part.

I keep forgetting one of the basic rules of child training.

And I notice a significant change in our family dynamic when I do.

You know those days when you just don't feel like spanking? Like those little offenses that just don't seem all too troublesome on their own?

Well, they add up. They add up to a grumpy momma who can't figure out why both her little darlings are being so naughty! And who doesn't understand where this little bossy brat came from who yells and bullies her sister around. Or why this little sneaky sugar-holic thinks she can run into a room and inhale a cookie without being caught.

Until, I realize that I am the bossy bully who yells, and she is just mirroring my example. All because I didn't put the priority on training, then they try getting away with more and more, and I get frustrated because they know they are not supposed to do that, and my attitude turns sour because we are having a "bad day," and then my mirror shows me exactly what I look like to them.

One of the basic rules: Do everything with a smile on my face, especially training.
(from the Pearls: see nogreaterjoy.com link on right side for more child-training success tools)

No comments: