Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Has this happened to you?

I was reading over our credit card statement today, and I still have to verify this with Gabe, but I think someone doctored one of our slips.

On my Birthday, he took me out to a local Italian restaurant... I won't tell which one until I can complete this story.

We both had dinner and soft drink type items. Which I could see conceivably coming to around $30. BUT! On our slip, it says $39, with a 9.40 tip (it actually lists this). We would never tip $9, especially on a $30 dinner. I sometimes have trouble tipping the 15% when the service hasn't been very good. Ok, so more than sometimes. I worked for tips, and I believe in working for your money. If I didn't do a good job, I didn't expect to get big money.

Anyway, back to my story... I am going to check with Gabe tonight after he wakes up, and we will decide on a plan of action. I hate confrontation, but this was completely wrong.

What would you do if this happened to you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well that happened to my friend
but she called the Restaurant and cuz she don't save the recpt she had to wait til the payment was cleared and made a claim.. to much pain.. she still waiting for the refund.