I came to a realization last night; it wounded my heart and pierced my soul. Thoughts of bitterness and pettiness crept around the shadowed closets of my mind, taking hold where I would not directly see them. The enemy was lying in wait for me to succumb to self-righteous fury.
And then a bright light, a voice speaking through my thoughts, shining brilliance into every shadowed corner, exposing the lies and deceit.
"Vengeance is mine, sayeth the Lord."
It is not my place, nor my right, to take any type of revenge. It is my duty, and my honor to serve my King. And to obey His word.
My prayer time this morning was so powerful- I sensed the words being planted in my heart, and my prayer ended up being a change of my heart to become more like His. Just a smidgen, but a tiny baby step in the right direction. I PRAISE His name for this! Prior to this, I would have spent hours if not days wallowing in self-doubt, pitiful, and woe-is-me mindset.
NOW I AM FREE. The freedom of the Lord is a sweet sweet blessing. A blessing powerful enough to bring me back, to remind myself when the enemy is tempting me again. I pray that I will continue to listen to the voice of His Spirit instead of the enemies slimy words trying to gain entrance into my Holy of Holies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a sweet encouraging post! Sometimes it seems even hearder once you get your thoughts "out". Don't quit! Have a wonderful day.
Post a Comment