We had such a fun family night!
First, I convinced Gabe that us girls needed to get out, so we went out to dinner at Larry's (really yummy chicken strip old-fashioned drive-in). Then Gabe needed to pick up something at Schucks, and while he was in the store I encouraged Melia to ask Daddy if we could go for ice cream :-)
"Daddy, can we go get ice cream? Cause I love ice cream!"
So then we went to Baskin Robbins; Kiera and Melia split a kid's scoop in two separate bowls. Kiera kept saying hers was "hot, hot" and she wouldn't eat it, even though she said it was yummy. Melia is a savorer-- she will lick anything to death. Gabe had to threaten to eat theirs just to get them to finish. Of course, I was the last one done, and probably got the most on my face. (Hey, at least it wasn't on my shirt...)
Then we came home, and I got the girls in the bath, as Kiera had dumped sand on both of their heads today outside playing. It's the first thing she does when she gets to the sand pile. On the head. Now her day is complete.
I commented to Melia about how fiesty Kiera is, and she promptly says "No, Mom, Kiera is a horsey." We go back and forth a couple times, and I finally say "Melia! Say Fiesty!" She quickly replies "Momma, Say Horsey!"
AND!!! Kiera was telling us while she was in the tub that she needed to go potty, so we grabbed her out, got her on the pot, and it took some coaxing, but she actually went! This is the first time!!!! (3 days before her 2nd birthday!) We haven't been pushing her at all, since I got so tired of the battle with Melia (battle in my brain, she just wasn't fully ready). We were sooo happy! She got an M&M, then of course Melia had to go, and she got an M&M, then I almost dumped the bowl trying to get it to the toilet it was so heavy :-) (Melia is a big pee-er) Then I had to try to explain to Kiera why she couldn't have more M&Ms.... she cried. Not sure she understands, or maybe she was just trying to manipulate me. She is a smart one, she is.
A good night. Thank you Lord, for these special times.
Friday, April 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We were sitting here watching T.V. and Matt keeps looking over at me cause I keep giggling.. so I read him your blog entry. :) hehe both of us had a cute laugh!
Post a Comment